Saturday 14 January 2012

Two.Zero.One.Two

 
Picture via

Happy new year to new friends!

I hope it's not too late to wish you guys a blessed year of 2012!

I think this year is heading to a good start especially with this course rolling in. There are so many things that I need to add on my checklist and let's pray that all the things that I've planned can be accomplished soon. Personally, Week One of this course gave twitches here and there for me especially to adapt and reschedule my timetable for work and also for this online course. As this is also my first time in distance learning course, I am trying very hard to cope and catch up on tasks and readings. 

Since I am an anal kind of person I had to form a checklist and compile all the tasks on paper and tick each one upon completion. My approach for the first few tasks was to do one task a  day. I guess the approach might be a bit too slow resulting me to lag a lot for this last task to complete a blog post. Sigh..I'm sure after I publish this entry I can sleep soundly tonight as my mission for this week has been completed!

I have learnt a few things upon completion of Week 1. Firstly I learnt that we can use Google Docs to create our own online survey which is amazing for me to do a small scale research online instead of handing or posting the questionnaires to our subjects individually which is time consuming. I recalled a time during my studies where I had to gather 100 subjects and the distribution and collection of the questionnaire became the most painful period indeed (apart from analysis) since we had to wait and use our energy and money. The second medium which was introduced to me is Nicenet which had cool navigation too. I hope to master how to use it first before introducing it to my students. We are currently using something similar to moodle called MyLine to learn English online that serves as a platform for students to share information regarding the subject during the semester. Students are automatically registered for the programme but to avail not all of them are active to use the medium for their studies. 

Iguess that's a little bit of a review that I have for this week. For a start of a new beginning this year I hope I can be able to appreciate everything in life whether it's big or small, be wiser in decision making and become a better person each day. So, cheers to sharing knowledge! With that I would like to welcome everyone to this blog and let's hope both you and me will learn something from it. 

Peace.
*Nur

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nur,

    What a creative sunny personality you are!!!!

    I liked the design of your blog and the posts.

    Look forward to further reading from you.

    Val, Belarus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nur

    I like your blog design and your ideas your words. I am looking forward to reading your coming work. thank you

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nur,

    It is such a nice design you've chose for your blog. It is quite inviting to read and follow.

    I can very much relate to your experience for week 1, specially the check list. I also integrated the rubrics in my check list. This way it keeps me focuses not only on the quantity but also on the quality of my homework.

    I agree with you on the subject of Google Doc survey designs as I can think of already couple of it use in my teaching. One serving as an evaluation tools to the course I deliver and another could be assessing the needs of my students at the beginning of my course. I am sure I will come up with few other uses as I get the hang of it.


    Best of luck,

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nur,
    As others have said, you do have a wonderful layout and very creative "eye". It's a pleasure to read your blog.

    I'm most definitely a check-list person, too. I love making lists, and I love checking things off my lists!
    Jodi, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nur,
    You have to excuse me since I was late to follow your blog and post comments since I was busy exploring this new world. Anyways, I missed a lot because your blog layout is fabulous! I was terribly attracted to its content and images. I appreciate that you shared this point about Google Doc which I tried and found excellent.
    Wishing you the best of luck.
    Have an enjoyable blogging!
    Regards,
    Nihmat, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete