Thursday 15 March 2012

The Good in GOODbye



No matter how we’d yearn so that this experience will continue forever, the class will still come to its end. Forever is impossible and what will remain are just the archives (if we start compiling before it is terminated). Coming into this course with little knowledge on what to expect, I was excited as it was my first online learning class and I was ready to learn from our instructors. The challenges given moulded me to be more competent in technological aspects that were available but was never discovered. The nearest source would start by the search engines – shortcuts to PPT and even the bookmark system of Delicious. Deep down apart from the feature learnt, what taught me the most was the determination for everyone to learn by sharing and constantly reminding one another of the medium available online so that everyone can gain the advantage.

Selecting one interesting task was difficult for me as all were valuable (that’s the reason why all are bookmarked : ) ) The first few weeks of the task learnt about the ABCD objectives of English lessons. It kept us on track to the reason why we teach English in the first place. Gradually, the task progressed and placed us in gear as it opened our eyes to various sites for all the skills (Reading, Writing, Grammar, Listening, Speaking) to learn English language online. The tips on PPT and PBL projects including Webquests in order to integrate technology in class further challenged our creativity to use the softwares for our benefit in teaching. Then, towards the end of the course it was more focused on understanding our 'customers' -the students by learning about student centered learning, learner autonomy and their learning preferences. The flow of the course was well planned with the all the vital aspects in teaching and learning.

I will try to popularize blogging to my students and turn it into a learning habit among the masses and I’m also up to try the various lesson plans online and everything that has been taught. Not to forget ANVILL, webquest and other softwares that were introduced, it’ll take place depending on time. This is not the end, this is not the beginning either so we live by processing all the good things in different ways. Be good and goodness will come to you. The sole advice that I can give to future students is to be positive and have fun all the way.

Lastly to all my friends, although we are miles apart and we hardly know one another, our discipline and passion towards teaching has brought us together and I’m glad to be part of the clique and hope to share more with all of you in the future. Not to forget our dear instructors Jodi and Sherie for their hardwork in making this course interesting and your patience in dealing with us as students. You have inspired us a lot through this course and we’ll try to keep inspiring others.

Every single one of you have been so sweet.
This is definitely a bittersweet goodbye from me.

With love, 
Nur.









Goodbye for now. 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nur,
    It seems you ended the course with lots of plans in mind. I wish you the best of luck in all your future plans and I'm glad that you followed Hassan's group on Facebook in order to keep our interaction even after the course is over. Thanks to our passion for learning that brought us together and thanks to Oregon as well.
    Best of wishes in all your life tasks,
    Nihmat from Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Nur, you are right to say that greater things gathered us in this terrific world.I hope to continue sharing experience and ideas.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Nihmat and Hind.
      We all hope that this healthy communication of fostering education will strengthen our bond as teachers of the world.

      xx
      Nur

      Delete
  2. DEar Nur,

    I want to say that I've enjoyed every instance of interacting with you. You have been so sincere and so creative, I just felt happy each time I saw your name on the screen.

    I wish you fulfill all your plans.

    I am not saying Good-bye, I'm saying see you soon on Facebook.

    Cheers,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's goodbye for this webskills course which is temporary. What will remain is our friendship.
      I wish you all the best in your active teaching life too.
      See you on Facebook soon.

      xx
      Nur

      Delete
  3. Dear Nur,

    Let's hold onto the 'GOOD' and drop the 'bye'.

    I will keep on checking your block here and will connect through other media as well, mainly Facebook.

    Towards the end of this week, I only see a transition, am I the only person missing the Farewell party?!

    Cheers,

    'See you later'

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See ya Hassan!

      Haha..There's no farewell party, just an expression of departing from this lovely course which had been a part of our lives for 10 weeks. A short duration filled with meaningful and never ending learning process.

      All the best to all.
      xx
      Nur

      Delete
  4. Hi Nur,

    Thank you for all your great blog posts. You have always written and designed the most creative blog posts, and every week I look forward to seeing what great graphics and comments you've posted.

    It truly was a delight getting to "know" you in class!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete